Dr. Susko’s office gladly accepts referrals from many outside physicians on a regular basis. Please see an overview below of our referral process and feel free to contact our office at (310) 829-5557 should you have any questions.
MRI, Infusion, and Injection Referral Process
- To initiate this process, a physician will write an order and submit it to Dr. Susko’s office.
- Within 24 hours of receiving the request, Dr. Susko’s office will begin the authorization process.
- Once prior authorization and benefit information has been obtained, you will receive a call from Karen Mullen (for infusion/injections) or office staff for MRI, to advise you of your authorization status and benefit information. Please be aware that this process can take between 3-5 business days to complete (unless it’s considered a “Stat”), so your patience will be greatly appreciated.
- Lastly, once we have discussed your authorization status and your benefit information, you will be scheduled accordingly.
As a courtesy to you, Dr. Susko’s office will coordinate all new enrollments, as well as extend current enrollments, as they relate to the drug manufacturer’s copay assistance programs (for infusions/injections only).
New Patient Visit Referral Process
- We will work with the patient and/or referring doctor’s office as needed to facilitate the referral. Please call our office or fax referral to our office.
In advance, thank you for entrusting us in this process and we look forward to working with you and your physician, to help assist in your health care needs.